The sign and display industry uses adhesive tapes extensively to provide fast, clean and easy bonding, fixing and mounting solutions. Grey VST6110G is an essential foam tape for every sign shop as it offers high performance over a number of applications. Ideal for permanent fixing of internal and external applications.
- Ideal for road traffic signage and large panel signs.
- Fix individual letter Signs cut from metal, plastic, foam PVC, sealed wood and many other surfaces
- Bond panels to framework, metal or plastic sheet to metal frames
- Achieve excellent results when bonding glass screens or powder painted metal fascias on dot matrix displays
Road traffic signs are manufactured to a high standard, having to withstand wind-shear forces requiring strong reinforcing. This is achieved through bonding metal bars with acrylic foam tape. Using rivets on such signs may result in distortion of the plates and possibly metal fatigue, but by using tape, the face of the sign is uniform and even, ideal for applying reflective graphic films.
Large panel signs, similar to road traffic signs, are reinforced with Hat channels or U Channels. These are external signs required to withstand extreme climatic conditions and wind-shear.
Depending on the size and uniformity of the surfaces to be bonded this will determine the thickness of the tape used for the application. The tape should be applied in the vertical for fixing the letters.
Almost exclusively, external signs are typically fabricated with painted metal. The application requires the bonding of sheet metal to frames. Acrylic foam tapes prevent warping and distortion of the sheet metal due to expansion of the metal at high temperatures. The tape is also resistant to extreme weather conditions.
Grey VST6110G is ideal for bonding the frames and housings to the screens. Glass screens or powder painted metal fascias on dot matrix displays can also be bonded for excellent results.Technical Details
|Foam Density KG/M3
|Dynamic Shear GF/CM2
(After 24 hours)
|180° Peel GF/25mm
|Temperature Resistance °C
||-40 (minimum) / 160 (maximum)
|Temperature Resistance °C Maximum Continuous
• Standard next day delivery to the Republic of Ireland.
• Standard two day service to the UK, Delivery is charged at €18/£18 per order, Bulkier orders may need to be shipped by pallet incurring a charge of €50/£50 per order.
Please allow minimum of 1 hour for collection after placing your initial order.
Our opening hours are Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.30pm and Friday 8.30am - 5pm.
We also remain open for your convenience during lunch hours between 1-2pm.